POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) : Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB)
From: Cris Williams
Date: 21 Feb 2001 23:26:18
Message: <3a9494ea@news.povray.org>
My younger son's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby is coming up and I thought it
would be fun to model the car before we build it.  So far I've done the
wheel and have started on the axle.  The image below was modeled in Moray
3.3, uses MegaPov 0.6, antialiasing, radiousity (I think), and reflection.
It took about 4hrs 15min to render on a AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz.  DUDE!  Isn't
that an unrealistically long time for an image like this?  It has ALOT of
CSG, but the render time surprised me.  I've heard bounding mentioned here
before but don't really have a good understanding of how to use it.  Anyone
have any suggestions about how to decrease the render time, or about
improvements on the wheel?  Does MegaPov need a command line switch to
actually turn on radiousity?

Thanks,

Cris Williams

Post a reply to this message